As we know that printers in today’s era have become a must-have thing. People can manage all their printing needs with an advanced printer. Canon is the company that is proving the best printer assistance to people worldwide. With canon, advance quality printers users not only able to print high-quality copies of their documents and images but they are also able to scan, fax and make duplex copies. Besides all this quality we can also not deny the fact that a printer is originally a machine and machine sometimes fall ill. They stop working and hamper work. Similarly, the Canon printer is also one of them and can give you issue such as Canon printer in error state.
A number of people who use Canon printers in their daily work may encounter printer error that is “canon printer is in error state”. Also, they often seek help to fix this frustrating issue. To tackle down these types of issues, you need a specific computer as well as printer knowledge.
Therefore, if you are unable to troubleshoot this issue, then it is best to look for the help of an expert. You can take Printer Support team associates’ help to rectify this problem at a rapid pace. The skilled technicians will certainly assist you to fix the issue. They also make certain that you don’t experience such type of issues for a long time.
Furthermore, it is significant to note that this is not so hard error, which can’t be resolved easily. If you are planning to remove the canon printer is in error state message on your own, then just follow the below-mentioned tips that will help you.
Causes Of Canon Printer In Error State:
• Maybe the drivers are not installed correctly.
• Check if you have downloaded the drivers and software belonging to your canon printer model.
• Connectivity issues can also be the root of this canon printer error state issue.
• BIOSS issue is a very common factor in giving rise to this daunting issue.
• Maybe the wires or USB cables are not connected well.
Why is My Canon Printer in an Error State?
• Incorrect driver installation
• BIOSS problems
• Incompatible software
• Poor USB cable connection
• Connectivity issues
Fix 1 : The Ports
• Right-click on the ‘Windows’ icon or ‘Start’ in some versions and select the ‘Device Manager’ option.
• From the ‘TaskBar’, click on the ‘View’ option and select the option of ‘Show hidden devices’.
• Scroll down the options, find and click on the ‘Port (COM & LPT)’ option.
• By double-clicking on it, you can expand the options.
• Select the ‘Printer Port’ and right-click on it to drop down its options.
• Choose the ‘Properties’ option and from the next window, select the ‘Port Settings’ tab.
• Hit on the ‘Use any interrupt assigned to Port’ from the given options and tick on the ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play Detection’ box.
• Now, click on the ‘OK’ to apply the changes and close the window.
• Choose the option of ‘Restart’ from the Start Menu and when the computer restarts, use your printer and confirm that there is no such Canon printer error anymore.
Restart the Canon Printer and Computer
Once your Canon printer in error state, you need to perform some simple methods and see if your problem is gone. But before this, it is crucial to know about the root cause of the canon printer error state issue, so read the below points that will teach you about this.
To fix the Canon printer in error state problem once and for all, you must know the root causes. We have mentioned a few below:
Fix 2: Go to Start Button and Follow the Next Steps
• Go to the ‘Start’ button and click on the ‘Power’ icon.
• Choose the ‘Restart’ option and leave the system as it is for a while.
• Go to the Canon Printer and long press the ‘Power’ button.
• When the printer switches off, wait for a minute, and turn on the ‘Power’ button again.
• Give a print command and check if the Canon MX470 printer in error state has been resolved.
Fix 3: Verify the Internet Connection
• Check if your printer and computer are both connected with a strong network.
• Make sure that the network you are using has no issues at all.
• If there is any connectivity issue, fix it up.
• Once the connection problem is fixed, try running a test print job to see if the Canon printer error has gone.
Fix 4: Reinstall your Printer Driver
Let’s first uninstall it using the following steps:
• On your Windows system, go to the ‘Settings’.
• Click on the ‘Devices’ and further open the ‘Printers & scanners’.
• Select the ‘Canon printer’ by its name and right-click on it to drop down the options.
• Choose the ‘Remove’ option and uninstall the printer driver from your system.
• If you have been asked to confirm your choice, click on ‘Yes’.
Fix 5: Update the Driver to fix Canon Printer in Error State
• Head to the ‘Control Panel’ and open the ‘Hardware and Sound’ folder.
• Select the ‘Device Manager’ and open it to find all the connected hardware devices.
• Find the ‘Printers’ and open it. Select the ‘Canon Pixma Printer Driver’.
• Drop down its options by clicking right and choose ‘Update’
• When you have been asked for confirmation, click on the ‘Update driver’ and update it.
After going through this troubleshooting guide, we hope you will be able to fix the Canon Printer in Error State. If you have any query, you can connect to our representative by calling us on our toll-free number.